SFO’s AirTrain provides service 24/7, 365 days a year. There are station departures every four minutes. AirTrain is wheelchair accessible. Space is designated for wheelchairs at each end of AirTrain cars. Elevators are available at all AirTrain stations. There is a Lost & Found section in case you loose something on an AirTrain.
AirTrain operates two lines:
- The Red Line connects all terminals, terminal garages and the BART Station.
- The Blue Line connects the Rental Car Center with all terminals, terminal garages and the BART Station.
AirTrain does not provide service to SFO’s Long-Term Parking Facilities.
AirTrain stations are located in all terminals, the Domestic Parking Garage, and International Garages A and G:
- From Terminal 1, 2 or 3, take the elevator or escalator to Mezzanine – Level 3 and walk across the passenger skybridge.
- From the Domestic Parking Garage, take the elevator or stairs to Level 5.
- From the International Garages A and G, take the elevator or stairs to Level 7.
- From inside the International Terminal, access the AirTrain stations near Boarding Areas A and G. You can reach the stations by taking the elevator or escalator to Level 4.
Connecting to Mass Transit
AirTrain connects you with Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) via the Garage G AirTrain/ BART station stop. You can reach Caltrain by taking BART to Millbrae station.
Getting to the Rental Car Center
AirTrain’s Blue Line will take you to the Rental Car Center from any SFO terminal or terminal parking garage. You cannot reach the Rental Car Center via the AirTrain Red Line.
What You Can Bring on AirTrain
Airport Luggage Carts
SFO installed hand brakes on all airport luggage carts to keep them steady during travel. For your safety, please set the brake once you board an AirTrain car and do not take carts onto escalators.
Service animals and animals being shipped are permitted on AirTrain. Animals being shipped must be crated at all times.
Bicycles are allowed on AirTrain. We ask that you please be courteous of other passengers on board.
There is no eating, drinking or smoking allowed on AirTrain.
Shuttles to Long-Term Parking Facility
SFO’s long-term parking facility and shuttle buses operate 24 hours a day. Frequent shuttle service runs every 5 minutes to 15 minutes. Electronic displays in the garage let you know when the next bus is due.
|4:15 a.m. to 12:15 a.m.||Every 5 minutes|
|12:15 a.m. to 4:15 a.m.||Every 15 minutes|
SFO buses have priority loading zones at each terminal for quick passenger access. Customers parked in Lot D- Long-Term Overflow Parking, please take the Lot D shuttle to return to the lot.
During peak travel periods the Airport provides baggage loading assistance in the garage and at each terminal stop.
Walking the Airport
You have the option of walking throughout the airport. It takes about 25 minutes to walk the entire loop through the domestic and international terminals of the airport. However, AirTrain is your only means to and from the Rental Car Center.
There are information booths, staffed with friendly volunteers, located throughout the terminals.